Exchange students

GIH has agreements for student exchange with a number of partner universities, mainly in Europe, through Erasmus+ and Nordplus.

The international engagement is important for GIH, and we offer our students on all levels the possibility to spend time at another university for a longer or shorter period of time, as well a having international students as fellow students here in Stockholm.

Student from a partner university

In order to be accepted as an exchange student you need to be a student at one of our partner universities and nominated for exchange studies at your home university.

Please note that we only handle applications from partner universities. For more information please contact your International Office. If you are an international student and not an exchange student, read more here.


The application should be sent through the International Office at your home university.

Courses at the undergraduate level are mainly given in Swedish(1st cycle). Exchange students without knowlegde in the Swedish language can be offered to follow the more practical courses in Swedish with English support. This is subject to agreement and availability. This is subject to agreement and availability. General courses are giving in Swedish.

For exchange on master level (2nd cycle) there will be shorter courses in English available, but the courses on offer varies between semesters and years. Please see Programs and courses for more information about upcoming semesters.

For international PhD students special arrangements will be made.

International office

Contact information for the International Office

Read more